Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Week 1 Blog: Introductions

I'm Christina, but my close friends and family usually call me Chrissy. I don't prefer one over the other, so you guys can call me either name. I live in Northern VA, Manassas area, and have for a while now. I am a student at James Madison University studying psychology and will graduate in December 2010 (a semester early). My lifelong dream has been to become a teacher, but I cannot exactly do that with only a psychology degree, so grad school is in my future, but not necessarily my immediate future. After graduating I plan on finding some kind of job, but I'm not exactly sure what kind of job that will be. The main reason I am taking this sociology class is to fulfill my 120-credit hour minimum for graduation. I am also taking another online class through NOVA, but it is an art class.

I really enjoy cooking, reading, and exercising/being outside. Cooking is my number one hobby. I am not skilled enough to create my own things, so I am perfectly content with following a recipe or just making something out of a box (ex. a cake). My favorite books are by Jodi Picoult. I started by reading My Sister's Keeper a couple years ago and she got me hooked, so now I am reading other books from her collection. My favorite type of outdoor activity is probably biking. I love to just go for a bike ride through my neighborhood or down the parkway. My favorite type of music is country music. I have a venue that is only about 20 minutes from my house, so I will be going to a bunch of country concerts this summer, which I am extremely excited about.

1 comment:

  1. Hey sorry I just saw you commented on my first blog entry! Wow we do have a lot in common! I also love country and have been riding my bike along the pwc parkway this summer! I graduated from Osbourn Park.

    ReplyDelete