The two places that I remember living in throughout my life are Centreville, Virginia and Manassas, Virginia, both suburban areas. I lived in Centreville for about five years and don't remember seeing a lot of changes going on. I live very close to my old house, so when I am near that area, there are some changes that I have definitely noticed now. These changes are nothing compared to the changes that have been taking place in Manassas. When we moved into our house 11 years ago, our neighborhood was filled with houses, there was a park down the street, a gas station, and a few other miscellaneous stores only two minutes down the road. Now, driving down the street you see a complete difference. What used to be green hills and trees has now been replaced with a Wal-Mart, endless restaurants and little shops, Shoppers, a new housing complex has gone up behind my neighborhood, and a church was also built. It just amazes me (not necessarily in a good way) how much things have changed around me in the past 10 years or so. Since this is just a small sample of what is taking place in a suburban area, I would like to see the drastic changes that have been made in urban and rural areas as well.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have seen many changes in the area I have grown up in which is Herndon,VA. The ethnic group that now makes up Herndon is the Hispanic culture and many illegal immigrants since Herndon used to have the establishment for immigrants that helped them find work. Another thing I have noticed that has changed-growth wise- is Reston Town Center. When I was younger I remember the town center just having a movie theater but now it has numerous restaurants, businesses and apartment complexes.
ReplyDelete